Minor Passport Under 16 of age.
- Passport applications for children under 16 must submit the DS-11 form in person at an authorized passport acceptance facility.
- Both parents or guardians must appear with the child.
- Passport for Child under 16 are valid for 5 years only.
Minor Passport Over 16 of age.
- Minors ages 16-17 with their own identification can apply for a passport by themselves.
- Passports for children over 16 are valid for 10 years.
Passport Services does recommend that at least one parent appear in person with the minor to identify him/her and to show parental awareness.
If you have any questions!
feel free to contact us today
Capitol Visa Services is registered but not affiliated with the US Government. We charge an additional fee to expedite your passport in 1 to 12 days. If you are not in a rush, you can obtain a passport directly from the U.S. Department of State in 4 to 7 weeks.