Passport replacement – Stolen
Steps to Replace a Stolen Passport:
- Report Stolen Passport.
- Follow all instructions below.
- Complete Application Form.
- Gather Supporting Documents.
- Send all required documents to Capitol Visa Services for processing.
Emergency or Same Day Passport
The Passport Agency has a limited number of Emergency Processing Slots (EPS). If your departure date is in 3 business days or less,
you must call Capitol Visa Services immediately at 301 384 8942 to reserve an EPS
Fedex Express Overnight.
Due to the State Department deadline, applications must be at our office by 8 am.
Requirements to replace a lost passport.
Letter of Authorization
- (Signed by the applicant). Make sure to check top two boxex on the letter of authorization in order to enable Capitol Visa Services to discuss with the passport agency any problems your application may have.
- Please note that the authorization letter must have an original signature (no photocopies).
- For emergency passport or same day service, please contact Capitol Visa Services
- Click here to download Authorization Letter
Recent passport photo.
- One (1) photo is required. Photo must be 2×2, color with a plain light or white background and show a full front view of face.
- No Glasses
Evidence of US.citizenship.
Proof of citizenship must be an original or certified copy. The original document will be returned to you with your completed passport. No photocopies or notarized copies are accepted. Please provide one of the following:
- Official Birth Certificate (if born in US), Or
- Most Recent Passport , Or
- Naturalization Certificate (for US citizens through naturalization), Or
- Certificate of Citizenship (if born abroad to US parent(s))
Photocopy of the identification.
- A clear copy of Driver's License or State Id.
- Applicants age 16 or 17 without a valid ID, can have a parent co-sign the application. In this case, a birth certificate proving parental relationship is required for the application.
DS-11 Gevernment Application passport Form
DS-11 must be completed online using the government application form. Do not sign this form. You will sign it in front of the acceptance agent. You must print out two copies of the DS-11 form and leave ONE COPY on the OUTSIDE of the sealed envelope.
DS-64 Statement regarding lost or stolen passport.
- You should fill out this form only if your Stolen passport is still valid.
- Answer as many questions as you can with much details.
- Once a passport is reported lost or stolen, it cannot be re-validated.
- Click here for DS-11 Government Form
Money Order for $190.00, payable to the U.S. Department of State
Customer Information Form
All applicants must complete and submit the customer information to us along with the rest of the documents mentioned above
Visit the Application Acceptance facility.
- The completed forms and documents must be submitted to an authorized acceptance agent (AA) at an APPLICATION ACCEPTANCE FACILITY.
- Passport offices are often located in post offices, and county, and municipal government offices.
The Acceptance Agent's job is to witness the applicant sign the government form, check their ID, and seal some of the application materials into an envelope.
DO NOT OPEN THE SEALED ENVELOPE
Payment of ($35.00) for the execution fee is paid to the Acceptance Agent.
Items that are sealed
- The first signed copy of DS-11.
- The first signed copy of DS-64.
- The original proof of citizenship.
- One passport photos
- Photocopy of Identification.
- One copy of the Letter of Authorization
- Money Order for $190.00
- Payment of ($35.00) for the execution fee
Items that are not sealed
- The second signed copy of DS-11.
- The second signed copy of DS-64.
- The second copy of the Letter of Authorization.
- The Capitol Visa order confirmation page.
- The check for Capitol Visa Fees
If you have any questions!
feel free to contact us today
Capitol Visa Services is registered but not affiliated with the US Government. We charge an additional fee to expedite your passport in 1 to 12 days. If you are not in a rush, you can obtain a passport directly from the U.S. Department of State in 4 to 7 weeks.