Steps to request a second passport
Applying for a second passport if you plan to visit a country that will deny a visa due to the fact that your first passport contains marking or visa showing you traveled to certain other countries.
You already have a valid , undamaged passport
There is no guarantee that a second passport will be issued. Each request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Not all application are approved.
Emergency or Same Day Passport
The Passport Agency has a limited number of Emergency Processing Slots (EPS). If your departure date is in 3 business days or less,
you must call Capitol Visa Services immediately at 301 384 8942 to reserve an EPS
Fedex Express Overnight.
Due to the State Department deadline, applications must be at our office by 8 am.
Requirements for a second passport
Letter of Authorization
- (Signed by the applicant). Make sure to check top two boxex on the letter of authorization in order to enable Capitol Visa Services to discuss with the passport agency any problems your application may have.
- Please note that the authorization letter must have an original signature (no photocopies).
- For emergency passport or same day service, please contact Capitol Visa Services
- Click here to download Authorization Letter
Recent Passport Photo
- One (1) photo is required. Photo must be 2×2, color with a plain light or white background and show a full front view of face.
- No Glasses
Social Security Number
- A copy of your Social Security number card.
Second passport request letter
- Provide a formal written letter from your employer justifying the need of a second passport and stating that in case of lost passport, you will immediately report it to the passport agency, nearest US consulate or US embassy.
Proof of Citizenship
Proof of citizenship must be an original or certified copy. The original document will be returned to you with your completed passport. No photocopies or notarized copies are accepted. Please provide one of the following:
- Official Birth Certificate (if born in US)
Proof of Identity
- A clear copy of Driver's License or State Id.
- Applicants age 16 or 17 without a valid ID, can have a parent co-sign the application. In this case, a birth certificate proving parental relationship is required for the application.
DS-82 Gevernment Form
DS-82 must be completed online using the government application form.
Money Order for $190.00, payable to the U.S. Department of State
Customer Information Form
All applicants must complete and submit the customer information to us along with the rest of the documents mentioned above
If you have any questions!
feel free to contact us today
Capitol Visa Services is registered but not affiliated with the US Government. We charge an additional fee to expedite your passport in 1 to 12 days. If you are not in a rush, you can obtain a passport directly from the U.S. Department of State in 4 to 7 weeks.