Steps to get your passport renewed
Apply to renew a passport if your previously-issued passport meets all the following criteria:
- It is not significantly damaged.
- It was issued when you were are 16 or older.
- It was issued whithin the past 15 years.
Emergency or Same Day Passport
The Passport Agency has a limited number of Emergency Processing Slots (EPS). If your departure date is in 3 business days or less,
you must call Capitol Visa Services immediately at 301 384 8942 to reserve an EPS
Fedex Express Overnight.
Due to the State Department deadline, applications must be at our office by 8 am.
Letter of Authorization
- (Signed by the applicant). Make sure to check top two boxex on the letter of authorization in order to enable Capitol Visa Services to discuss with the passport agency any problems your application may have.
- Please note that the authorization letter must have an original signature (no photocopies).
- For emergency passport or same day service, please contact Capitol Visa Services
- Click here to download Authorization Letter
Recent Passport Photo
- One (1) photo is required. Photo must be 2×2, color with a plain light or white background and show a full front view of face.
- No Glasses
Most Recent Passport
- Your recent expired passport.
Official Name Change Documentation
- If the name you are currently using differs from the name on your previous passport you must submit a marriage certificate, divorce decree or court order showing the change of name. The name change document must bear the official seal of the issuing authority. Uncertified copies or notarized documents can not be accepted. All documents will be returned to you with your passport..
Please provide two copies of one of the following:
- Copy of plane ticket showing foreign departure, Or
- Copy of travel itinerary (from airline or travel agency with applicant name, travel date, flight info), Or
- If travel is for business and neither of the above is available, please send a business travel letter.
Letter requesting early renewal (if applicable)
- If renewing Passport more than a year before expiration, include a letter addressed to US Department of State, and explain specifically why you need a Passport renewed early. Valid reasons include dramatic change in appearance, extended trip abroad, etc.
DS-82 Gevernment Renewal Application
DS-82 must be completed online using the government application form.
Money Order for $170.00, payable to the U.S. Department of State
Customer Information Form
All applicants must complete and submit the customer information to us along with the rest of the documents mentioned above
If you have any questions!
feel free to contact us today
Capitol Visa Services is registered but not affiliated with the US Government. We charge an additional fee to expedite your passport in 1 to 12 days. If you are not in a rush, you can obtain a passport directly from the U.S. Department of State in 4 to 7 weeks.