New Passport – Minor Under 16.
Emergency or Same Day Passport
The Passport Agency has a limited number of Emergency Processing Slots (EPS). If your departure date is in 3 business days or less,
you must call Capitol Visa Services immediately at 301 384 8942 to reserve an EPS
Fedex Express Overnight.
Due to the State Department deadline, applications must be at our office by 8 am.
Letter of Authorization
- (Signed by the applicant's Parents). Make sure to check top two boxex on the letter of authorization in order to enable Capitol Visa Services to discuss with the passport agency any problems your application may have.
- For emergency passport or same day service, please contact Capitol Visa Services
- Click here to download Authorization Letter
- One (1) photo is required. Photo must be 2×2, color with a plain light or white background and show a full front view of face.
- No Glasses
Proof of Citizenship
Proof of citizenship must be an original or certified copy. The original document will be returned to you with your completed passport. No photocopies or notarized copies are accepted. Please provide one of the following:
- Official Birth Certificate (if born in US), Or
- Most Recent Passport , Or
- Naturalization Certificate (for US citizens through naturalization), Or
- Certificate of Citizenship (if born abroad to US parent(s))
Evidence of Child's relationship to parents or Guardians
As evidence of child's relationship to parent or gaurdian please provide official copy of one of the following:
- Official U.S. Birth Certificate (with parents' names).
- Foreign Birth Certificate (with parents' names & official translation).
- FS-240 or DS-1350 (with parents' names).
- Adoption Decree (with adopting parents' names).
- Order Establishing Custody.
- Court Order Establishing Guardianship.
Note: If the parent(s) or guardian(s) name has changed please bring official proof of that name change.
DS-3053 Statement of Consent (if necessary).
Both parents must appear at the AA to sign the application for passport. If one parent cannot be present when visiting the AA, then the non-appearing parent must sign the statement of consent authorizing the passport issuance for the child.
- The statement of consent must be Notarized.
- A copy of the non-appearing parent's valid drivers license or valid passport must be included.
- Click here for the DS-3053 Statement of Consent form.
Proof of parents identity
The parent(s) needs to bring proof of Identity in the form of:
- Valid Drivers License, or
- Valid Official U.S. Military ID, or
- Valid U.S. Gov't ID, or
- Valid U.S. or Foreign Passport
Please provide two copies of one of the following:
- Copy of plane ticket showing foreign departure, Or
- Copy of travel itinerary (from airline or travel agency with applicant name, travel date, flight info), Or
- If travel is for business and neither of the above is available, please send a business travel letter
DS-11 Gevernment Application passport Form
DS-11 must be completed online using the government application form. Do not sign this form. You will sign it in front of the acceptance agent. You must print out two copies of the DS-11 form and leave ONE COPY on the OUTSIDE of the sealed envelope.
Money Order for $140.00, payable to the U.S. Department of State
Customer Information Form
All applicants must complete and submit the customer information to us along with the rest of the documents mentioned above
Get Application Authorized
The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of the child must appear in person, with the child, at a local court house or post office and present the list of items in step 1 above to a passport acceptance agent (AA). The AA is needed to witness the signing, by the Parent or legal guardian, of the passport application. Children 14 years of age or older also sign the application. All applicants under the age of 16 need to be present when visiting the AA. This section describes what happens there.
Acceptance Agent are located in Post Offices and Courthouses around the country. Not every Post Office or Courthouse has an AA, and hours vary.
The Acceptance Agent's job is to witness the applicant sign the government form, check their ID, and seal some of the application materials into an envelope.
Items that are sealed
- The first signed copy of DS-11.
- The signed DS-3053 - Statement of Consent (if necessary) from second parent.
- Proof of relationship to child.
- The original proof of citizenship.
- One passport photos
- Copy of the driver's license, or state ID.
- Travel evidence
- One copy of the Letter of Authorization
- Money Order for $140.00
THERE WILL BE A $25.00 FEES PAYABLE TO THE ACCEPTANCE AGENT AT POST OFFICE OR THE COURT HOUSE.
Items that are not sealed
- The second signed copy of DS-11.
- The second copy of the Letter of Authorization.
- The Capitol Visa order confirmation page.
- The check for Capitol Visa Fees
If you have any questions!
feel free to contact us today
Capitol Visa Services is registered but not affiliated with the US Government. We charge an additional fee to expedite your passport in 1 to 12 days. If you are not in a rush, you can obtain a passport directly from the U.S. Department of State in 4 to 7 weeks.